FPSO & FLNG Topsides processing modules are complex facilities consisting of equipment, piping systems, instruments, electrical systems, electronics, computers, and control systems. Many equipment are located on the limited hull space. At the same time, special conditions, such as the movement due to external force by wind and wave, salt content, and so on, should be also considered. This make the constraints related to topsides projects have been considered more important than those in onshore areas.
This FPSO & FLNG Topsides Equipment Layout Design training workshop will cover the critical principles and concepts used in topsides equipment layout design. It’s an extension and further enhancement of advanced explanations covering the many facets of Detail Engineering and Layout of topsides process and Piping Systems. The material progresses through each of the major design processes, starting with the basics of plant layout design, equipment sizing and layout, pumps and exchanger layouts, maintenance requirements, process and utility piping, pipe supports and ending with topsides equipment layout design Best Practices. The course focuses not only on the design aspects, but also the practical aspects of topsides process and Piping Layout, using design examples to illustrate the points of design, and show the maintenance, operational and safety aspects required in designing and building a Process Plant facility.
Unlike other events, this training course will be packed with case-studies, proven solutions and content specific to your needs.
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
· Develop practical working knowledge and skills in topsides process equipment layout and piping design principles, procedures and best practices
· Determine the impact of layout and pipe routings options on installed costs, operability, maintainability and safety of the topsides
· Gain insights of how you can achieve business-focused facilities while complying with regulatory requirements and high plant availability.
· Familiarize yourself with the design and construction codes and standards for topsides piping and process equipment including ASME BPVC, B31.3; API 650; API 560; TEMA, MSS-SP, etc.
· Discuss the differences of the particular needs of a processing plant on a fixed platforms and moving deck
· Optimise the equipment layout for each modules and piping in limited hull space with great system performance
· Gain insight of equipment layout and piping design on a number of existing topsides facilities
· Learn from catastrophic incidents that resulted from the poor layout and design so that you will avoid such incidents.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for personnel who want to improve their skills and knowledge involved in FPSO or FLNG Topsides process modules equipment layout design. Those who will benefit the most from this workshop include the following:
· Equipment Layout Designers and Engineers
· Piping designers and piping engineers
· Structural designers and engineers
· Process Designers and Engineers
· Mechanical engineers
· Electrical designers and engineers
· Project engineers
· Personnel providing CAD support for topsides process layout and piping design