- Murat Maktalan
Director of HR Operations,
- Georgia Stergiopoulou
Human Resources Director,
Athens International Airport
- Polelo Madalane
Group Manager: Talent & Performance Management,
Airports Company South Africa
- Venkatesh Palabatla
Chief Human Resources Officer,
GMR Hyderabad International Airport
- Sandra De Kock
General Manager People & Culture,
- Hideharu Miyamoto
Vice President, Planning Department,
Narita International Airport
- Dewakar Goel
Former HR Executive Director and HR Expert,
Airports Authority of India
- Gelban AlGelban
CEO advisor for HR,
Riyadh Airports Company
- Dev Kashyup
GM Commercial and Head Hospitality,
Delhi International Airport
- Sebastian Wojtun
Senior Manager HR,
Hamad International Airport
- Lucille Coward
Chief People Officer,
- Natasha Rampaul
Manager, Total Rewards and HR Systems,
Greater Toronto Airports Authority
- Adi Nugroho
Human Capital & General Affair Director and Director,
PT Angkasa Pura I
- Chappelle Broome
Director of Human Resources and Diversity,
Columbia Metropolitan Airport
- Dineo Maphutha
Human Resources Expert,
BUILDING A HIGH-PERFORMANCE AIRPORT ORGANIZATION WITH THE 4TH HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT FOR AIRPORTS SUMMIT 2018!
In today’s changing airport environment, Human Capital management plays a strategic role in contributing to the overall organizational performance, culture and business strategy. To manage the changes and challenges brought about by the development and expansion of airport projects, it is vital that the businesses constantly review and restructure their existing business models to ensure that there is always a ready pool of talented and committed workforce that is well-positioned with the organization’s growth.
The 4th Human Capital Management for Airports Summit 2018 will take place on 29th October - 1st November, in Singapore. This 4th edition of the well-received summit, brought to you by Equip Global, aims to address the trending topics of the Human Capital units of airports today, such as: Developing change management frameworks to adapt to a constantly evolving business environment, Leveraging onto Artificial Intelligence (Al) to optimize airport manpower planning, and also best practices in talent identification, management and retention to overcome talent shortages. On top of that, hear from industry experts as they give their insights on some of the most effective and proven practices to build an inclusive, customer-oriented culture within your airport organization. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn of the latest market developments to stay on top of the game!
Equip Global’s 4th Human Capital Management for Airports Summit 2018 aims to help HR and Business Units thrive in this ever-changing business landscape as airports will share case studies on how you can build effective communication models, evaluate and restructure your current Human Capital policies and practices in order to thrive in this increasingly digitized and fast-moving workforce, alongside with exclusive case studies that will showcase success stories of the different talent acquisition programs that airports globally are currently adopting.
Key takeaways from attending the 4th Human Capital Management for Airports Summit 2018:
- Gaining insights into strategies in tackling the most pertinent challenges facing the Airports’ Human Capital Units today
- Developing effective communication models that improves employee engagement and relations
- Assessing the impacts of the changing market environment and the implications they have on your HR unit – how can you respond accordingly?
- Redesigning your performance management systems with Artificial Intelligence (Al)
- Conducting performance reviews and appraisals for effective succession planning
- Gaining exclusive access to case studies of creative training and development programs that airports over the world are currently adopting
- Improving your employees’ satisfaction through needs assessment and providing flexibility
- Streamlining your employee training processes and developments with Al-driven technologies
- Understanding the importance of cultural intelligence in a global workplace environment
- Cultivating a customer-focused culture through aligning the employees’ behaviors with your organization’s values
Who Should Attend?
This event is tailored made for Heads/Senior Managers/Managers/Senior Executives of :
- Human Resource/HR
- Human Capital
- Talent Management/Development
- Organizational Development
- Performance Management
- Compensation & Benefits
- All Departments/Line Managers
- C Level Executives
Request for More Details!
To Learn More About Human Capital Management for Airports Summit 2018, Panel of Speakers, Take Advantage of Early Bird and Group Booking Discounts!
Email us at email@example.com today!