Aviation industry operators and passengers interface in a cross-functional, complex, high-workload environment. Interaction with various systems and people, very often under severe time constraints, is required and human performance is a critical component to efficiency and safety.
Human performance related factors in aviation, if not understood, dealt with and managed effectively, will contribute to aviation concerns and safety incidents. It is fundamental to operational safety in aviation as the majority of incidents and accidents are attributable to human errors. Typical issues include: operational performance, warnings and alerting effectiveness, system usability, anthropometric considerations, and technical documentation interpretability.
By developing Human factors approaches, knowledge, and expertise, the aviation industry professionals can assist in the design and evaluation of such systems and can result in a design more robust with respect to human performance. This 5-day practical course and packed with case studies will introduces participants to the principles of human factors awareness, analysing in depth the factors that affect personal performance and how the human element interfaces with equipment, the working environment, the tools to be used and the organizational context so that performance in the aviation industry can be optimized.
Upon completing this 5-days practical course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate what are human factors, how they affect personal performance and interaction with others.
- How to rectify the problems different human factors can create in the aviation environment
- Learn how to set up risk management frameworks
- Learn how to set up safety management systems
- Improve team resource, performance management and communications within your organization
- Develop an effective human error management system
- Explain how to consider the human element in the design of systems and procedures in the aviation context.
- Explain how human factor elements are considered in incident and accident investigation
- Hear case studies globally on how companies best mitigate the risks and implications arising from human factors linked performance issues.
Who Should Attend?
This course will be excellent for directors, supervisors and senior executives from:
- All aviation roles especially safety-critical ones
- Pilots, flight crew, airline managers and operational staff
- Air traffic controllers and ANSP management functions
- Senior members of Civil aviation authorities
- Senior members of airports
- Senior members responsibile for aircraft maintenance
Like to receive the course agenda?
Email us today at email@example.com!