Your Expert Trainer
Our expert provides consulting services to Boards and CEO's in the areas of investment management and governance, risk management and policy development. He is the Director of a number of organ..
The 2-Day Investment Management for Charities, Not-for-Profits and Foundations Masterclass has been specially researched and developed to provide investment advice and proven investment strategies for charities, not-for-profit organizations, foundations, as well as financial advisors, accounting professionals, fund managers and wealth managers who are looking to service the mentioned sectors.
In the last decades, the activity and influence of Not-for Profit (NFP) organizations in almost every country in the world have grown exponentially. Globally, the Charitable Sector makes a significant contribution to the economies of every country and that contribution is increasing.
Including the value of volunteer work, NFP’s account for 4.5 percent of GDP in 15 countries for which data are available, equivalent to the share of GDP accounted for by the construction industry in these countries. It has been estimated that if the expanding middle classes in developing economies all chose to donate at the rate of their peers in the UK then by 2030 the annual contribution to charity could rise to $US190bn by 2030. The Sector increasingly has considerable capital at its disposal and there is a growing need for advice around the effective and efficient investment of its funds and the high standard of governance required in managing what is often donated capital.
The masterclass will provide case studies and address the gap by addressing core issues of governance, advice, ethical consideration, asset allocation and investment selection that are central to effectively advising charitable style organisations in the investment of their capital.
As with all Equip Global Courses, the emphasis is very much on the practical and interactive exercises and real-life case studies. In addition to presentations of the subjects, participants will be challenged in actual case studies to apply the principles and strategies discussed. It will also encourage the attendees to develop the tools to implement change upon returning to their work place.
Who Should Attend?
Financial Advisors, Stockbrokers and Wealth Managers working in the sector or who are interested in building a a capability to service the sector.
Accountants and other professionals providing advice services to the sector – or who are looking to expand their services into the sector.
Fund managers looking to provide products to the sector.
Charity Board members seeking to better understand how to invest their charities capital and their governance responsibilities.
- Senior charity staff likely to have some degree of management and oversight of the investment of their capital.
By attending this masterclass, you will gain the following:
- Acquire the necessary skills for advising charitable organisations.
- Understand the central role of risk management in constructing an investment portfolio for a charitable organisation.
- Learn the governance processes that are essential to maintaining the integrity of the investments and confidence of the charity.
- Learning an approach to asset allocation that is based on probability of return and risk.
- Strengthen attendee’s capacity to provide investment services and advice to sectors through global best practice insights.
- Recognise the importance of transparency, compliance and customer focus in building sustainable client relationships.
- Develop the capacity to run an expression of interest tender for the provision of investment services to charitable organisations.
- Learn the characteristics and suitability of different investments and investment products as they relate to the charitable sector.
- Identify the role of ethical investing as a part of the decision making process.
Attendees will also receive a comprehensive suite of documents including:
- Investment Policy for a Charitable Board
- Investment Risk Register for a Charitable Board
- Expression of Interest Document for running a tender for the provision of investment services
- Performance and governance reporting
Run this Workshop in-house?
is workshop can be presented exclusively for your organisation on an in-house basis, tailored to meet your specific needs, at a place and time of your convenience. If you have a team of 10 or more interested in this workshop, let’s discuss how we can work together to meet your staff competency and proficiency needs. Please contact us and we will be pleased to assist.
Contact Us for More Information
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information on this masterclass.