Complimentary Books authored by Your Expert Trainer
Pipeline Integrity Handbook :Based on over 40 years of experience in the field, Ramesh Singh goes beyond corrosion control, providing techniques for addressing present and future integrity issues. Pipeline Integrity Handbook provides pipeline engineers with the tools to evaluate and inspect pipelines, safeguard the life cycle of their pipeline asset and ensure that they are optimizing delivery and capability. Presented in easy-to-use, step-by-step order, Pipeline Integrity Handbook is a quick reference for day-to-day use in identifying key pipeline degradation mechanisms and threats to pipeline integrity. The book begins with an overview of pipeline risk management and engineering assessment, including data collection and regulatory approaches to liquid pipeline risk management.
Many oil and gas transmission pipelines have exceeded their design life, and several more are nearing their design life. Incidents of inadvertent release is more common some of them leading to fatalities. Even the best designed and maintained pipeline are prone to failure. This very fact requires that the operators take necessary steps to mitigate or at least minimize the potential of failure by controlling the events.
This workshop is an attempt to bring awareness to what constitutes maintenance of pipeline integrity. The discussion will introduce to the following seven concepts.
1. What is Risk management?
2. What is Integrity Management?
3. What causes affect integrity of pipeline and facilities?
4. What steps could be taken to mitigate or limit risk to pipeline?
5. What are resources that can be used to make the integrity management effective?
6. Discuss Tools used to make effective integrity management system.
7. How to use Risk Based analysis to optimize limited resources?
The increasing use of high-technology inspection and maintenance methods are helping pipeline owners to assess the condition of their lines, and if these modern maintenance methods are combined with modern defect-assessment methods, they can provide a very powerful and cost-effective tool. This course will provide attendees best practices on how to manage gathered data from various inspection techniques and apply them in modelling the potential failures. It will also teach attendees on how to optimize the inspection and maintenance resources to develop a comprehensive integrity management program covering both pipelines and their associated facilities.
The necessary elements of such a program are described in detail with examples of typical program content including an overarching view of where detailed Risk Analysis and Defect Assessment fits in the Program. The course is highly interactive and takes the form of lectures, workshops, and case studies.
Key Topics Covered
· Pipeline Engineering Principles & Pipeline Integrity Management
· Principles and Practice of Data Collection and Management
· Causes of Pipeline Failure
· Risk Assessment & Development of Management Plans
· Pipeline Inspections
· Difficult to inspect Pipelines and Direct Assessment
· Defect Assessment Methods
· Repair and Remediation
· Reporting and Performance Measurement
You will enhance your skills to:
· Identify Pipeline hazards as threat to integrity.
· Develop plans to address the identified threats
· Conduct appropriate inspections to determine the condition of the pipeline
· Assess the results of the inspections
· Adopt A risk- based approach to maintenance
· Update the risk assessments and management plans
· Perform appropriate repair & rehabilitation activities
Who should attend?
Heads, Senior Managers, Managers, Specialists, Senior Engineers, Engineers, Risk analysts, Statistical analysts, responsible for following activities:
· Pipeline Integrity
· Pipeline Engineering
· Pipeline Risk
· Pipeline Operations
· Pipeline Design
· Pipeline Installation & Commissioning
· Pipeline Maintenance & Repair
· Pipeline Systems Management
· Reliability & Asset Integrity
· Corrosion/Coating/Cathodic Protection
· Technical Services