Process Piping Inspection
Process piping system is one of the critical production assets in process industry. Organizations recognize the need to maintain authorized inspection agency and technically assess qualified piping engineers and inspectors to ensure facilities are at top performance. That said, many industrial accidents have been caused by the failure of process piping and many of these are linked to poorly designed and badly implemented process piping inspection programs. Though being very critical, process piping inspection programs are seen as problematic, complex, time consuming, inefficient and costly.
This 3 day training course has been specially researched and designed to ensure you are equipped with the relevant practical knowledge and technical know-hows to handle process piping inspection effectively. Instead of just loading you with theoretical information, this training course will give you practical tips, blueprint case studies and real life lessons learned from past process piping inspection failures so that you truly benefit from the sessions.
By attending this training course, you will gain the following
- Learn how you can develop and implement process piping inspection programs effectively
- Learn how you can select inspection points
- Find out how you can effectively collect, control and track data for inspection
- Find out process piping codes and standards, and how you can set standard operating procedures
- Learn how to develop a systems approach whilst integrating procedures, guidelines and work instructions
- Learn correct inspection techniques
- Understand from technical background to design equations with their applications in the design of piping systems and pipelines
- Find out why piping and pipelines fail and their modes of failures – how to prevent it from happening?
- Learn corrosion mechanisms, how to recognize them, classify them and resolve them
- Inspecting materials degradations – best practices
- Real life experiences from past process piping inspection mistakes – lessons learned
Key Topics Covered
- Evaluating your current process piping inspection programs – what needs to change?
- Understanding reasons for process piping inspection program failures – how to resolve them?
- Cost effective solutions for plant problems and process piping inspection programs
- Data reporting and management
- Executing corrosion and material selection and failure analysis
- Understanding mechanical properties of strength and toughness
- Best practice techniques of inspection
- Codes and standards related to inspection requirements
- Process piping design and characteristics
- Pipe Flanges and Flanged Fittings
- Inspection, Repair, Alteration, and Rerating of In-Service Piping Systems
- Welding and brazing qualifications
- Non-Destructive Examination
- Damage Mechanisms in Refining
Who Should Attend
- Process Piping Engineers
- Process Piping Supervisors/Managers
- Process Piping Inspectors
- Maintenance Engineers/ Managers
- Technical Engineers/ Managers
- Instrumentation Engineers/ Managers
- Reliability Engineers/ Managers
- All interacting personnel with Process Piping Inspectors
If you like more information about the training course agenda and the expert trainer details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate subject title as “Process Piping Inspection”
If you work for a company incorporated in Singapore, save 60% of your course registration fees through the PIC scheme! Click here to find out how.