Emitting zero CO2 when combusted, ammonia has long been considered as amongst the most promising alternative marine fuels to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and any organization’s strategy to reduce CO2 emission by 2050. In particular, green ammonia possesses great potential as it is produced from only renewable electricity, water and air with no CO2 emission. Whilst Ammonia will be an important future fuel and adoption is expected to grow exponentially, there are significant technical, infrastructure and safety challenges that need to be overcome in addition to greater knowledge of the characteristics of ammonia-fuelled operations that industries must have before it can be adopted at scale as a feasible fuel.
Ammonia has emerged as a serious and leading choice to become an alternative fuel for the world and itis just as good if not better as an energy carrier and fuel as any other solution. Energy companies, Ammonia/Renewable Energy Industry Players & Chemical Producers globally are investing heavily into ammonia production and its associated facilities & technology whilst major energy end-users such as the maritime industry are looking & investing resources into how they can better store and utilize ammonia as a marine fuel as they aim to achieve net zero emissions, become more cost-efficient, green & sustainable whilst supporting energy transition globally.
Like most Green Transition Initiatives, using Ammonia as Fuel brings about several hurdles and challenges. For example, complexities of the end-to-end supply chain of ammonia bunkering, which includes the development of a cost-effective green ammonia supply chain, design of related supply chain infrastructure. Also, how can energy end users including shipping & port operators develop and operate ammonia fuelled vessels & port terminals and ammonia fuel bunkering network for cost efficient and safe distribution, storage, transfer and utilization of ammonia as a carbon free fuel. How can government agencies & industry stakeholders work towards the standardization of safe operation and regulations? What is the available supply of ammonia, sources of ammonia and future costs of green ammonia including potential synergies with Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) to support the decarbonization of fleet and to become financially sustainable? What are feasible technologies and business models needed to adopt ammonia as a marine fuel in a sustainable manner?
This is why gathering the feedback from industry players across industries & government stakeholders, we have developed this Ammonia as Fuel Masterclass where we will deep dive into best practices and solutions around the use of ammonia as a marine fuel, technologies, strategies & business models around it, technical & safety aspects of ammonia as a fuel, how industries including ports & shipping companies can design, plan and develop their infrastructure & facilities to support the adoption ammonia as a fuel.
Through case studies, practical insights and actual project experiences, Equip Global’s interactive 4 day masterclass on Ammonia as a Fuel Masterclass taking place 4-7 July 2023, Live Online, will cover all of the above and more to provide you with information that can really help you grasp practical knowledge, technical understanding and economics to successfully adopt & support ammonia as a fuel.
10 Key Benefits of Attending:
- Improve your knowledge on the characteristics & chemical properties of ammonia and how it can effectively perform as a fuel
- Gain insights into how you can overcome the complexities of end-to-end supply chain of ammonia production and utilization
- Understand the technical challenges for the use of ammonia as a fuel and how they can be overcome
- Evaluate how you can design and operate ammonia bunkering & fuelled vessels as well as related supply chain infrastructure.
- Find out how you can plan, develop and operate ammonia facilities and ammonia fuel bunkering network for cost efficient and safe distribution, storage, transfer and utilization of ammonia
- Learn about feasible technologies, engines and systems that can be used for ammonia adoption
- Evaluate how ammonia can be adopted at scale in a sustainable & economically viable manner
- Understand the safety aspects and considerations around the use of ammonia as a maritime fuel and how you can mitigate the safety risks involved.
- Find out in-depth about ship design and bunkering infrastructure through case studies and practical insights
- Improve your knowledge of the economics and business models for the use of ammonia as a marine fuel and develop a successful ammonia utilization roadmap
Who Should Attend:
Heads, Directors, Chiefs, Managers, Specialists, Experts, Technical Analysts, Engineers of:
- Ammonia / Ammonia Production
- Ammonia Projects
- Ammonia Plants
- Ammonia Commercial
- Ammonia Business Development
- Hydrogen Plants
- Hydrogen Business Development
- Hydrogen Commercial
- New Energy / Energies
- Renewable Energies
- Natural Gas
- Process Engineering
- Production Technology / Engineering
- Energy Transition
- Carbon Capture & Storage
From (but not limited to):
- Natural Gas Producers
- Chemical Companies Involved in Ammonia Production
- Oil & Gas Companies
- Shipping Companies
- Power & Electricity Companies
- Independent Power Producers
- Renewable Power Project Developers
- Industrial Hydrogen / Ammonia Users
Like More Information?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on trainer profile and training details.