Your Expert Trainer
He has over 10 years of experience in the energy industry, with the past 7 specifically focused on alternative marine fuels. His research interests span policy, political economy, and socio-technic..
Emitting zero CO2 when combusted, ammonia has long been considered as amongst the most promising alternative marine fuels to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions within the maritime industry, which is also in line with the International Maritime Organization (IMO) strategy to reduce CO2 emission by 2050. In particular, green ammonia possesses great potential as it is produced from only renewable electricity, water and air with no CO2 emission. Whilst Ammonia will be an important future marine fuel and adoption is expected to grow to 20% if fuel by 2050, there are significant technical, infrastructure and safety challenges that need to be overcome in addition to greater knowledge of the characteristics of ammonia-fuelled shipping operations that the maritime industry, both shipping companies & port operators must have before it can be adopted at scale as a maritime fuel.
For example, complexities of the end-to-end supply chain of ammonia bunkering, which includes the development of a cost-effective green ammonia supply chain, design of ammonia bunkering vessels, as well as related supply chain infrastructure. Also, how can port operators develop and operate ammonia terminals and ammonia fuel bunkering network for cost efficient and safe distribution, storage, transfer and utilization of ammonia as a carbon free fuel. How can government agencies & industry stakeholders work towards the standardization of safe operation and regulations? What is the available supply of ammonia, sources of ammonia and future costs of green ammonia including potential synergies with Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) to support the decarbonization of fleet and to become financially sustianable? What are feasible technologies and business models needed to adopt ammonia as a marine fuel in a sustainable manner?
This is why gathering the feedback from industry players across the maritime industry & government stakeholders, we have developed this Ammonia for Maritime Masterclass where we will deep dive into best practices and solutions around the use of ammonia as a marine fuel, technologies, strategies & business models around it, technical & safety aspects of ammonia as a marine fuel, how ports & shipping companies can design, plan and develop their infrastructure & facilities to support the adoption ammonia as a marine fuel.
Through case studies, practical insights and actual project experiences, Equip Global’s interactive 4 day masterclass on Ammonia for Maritime Industry Masterclass taking place in May 2022, Live Online, will cover all of the above and more to provide you with information that can really help you grasp practical knowledge, technical understanding and economics to successfully adopt & support ammonia as a marine fuel.
10 Key Benefits of Attending:
- Improve your knowledge on the characteristics & chemical properties of ammonia and how it can effectively perform as a marine fuel
- Gain insights into how you can overcome the complexities of end-to-end supply chain of ammonia production and utilization
- Understand the technical challenges for the use of ammonia as a marine fuel and how they can be overcome
- Evaluate how you can design and operate ammonia bunkering vessels as well as related supply chain infrastructure
- Find out how port operators can plan, develop and operate ammonia terminals and ammonia fuel bunkering network for cost efficient and safe distribution, storage, transfer and utilization of ammonia
- Learn about feasible technologies, engines and systems that can be used for ammonia adoption
- Evaluate how ammonia can be adopted at scale in a sustainable & economically viable manner
- Understand the safety aspects and considerations around the use of ammonia as a maritime fuel and how you can mitigate the safety risks involved
- Find out in-depth about ship design and bunkering infrastructure through case studies and practical insights
- Improve your knowledge of the economics and business models for the use of ammonia as a marine fuel
Who Should Attend:
This event is aimed at all shipping & ports industry professionals, government agencies, marine energy companies, technology & infrastructure players who are stakeholders of the ammonia value chain, with an interest & responsibility and the need to grasp knowledge in developing infrastructure, plans and strategies to adopt ammonia as a maritime fuel
Like More information?
Email us today for the full brochure at firstname.lastname@example.org