Effective Maintenance planning and scheduling
This course is 85% concerned with procedures and events taking place before the first spade of dirt is moved. The remaining 15% involves execution tactics to keep the project on course. By attending this, you will have a new and deeper understanding of how to effectively manage large maintenance jobs such as power plant outages, refinery refits, etc. With this understanding will be the increased ability to plan for and manage such projects. You will save money and time on your next shutdown.
This course includes specific checklists, procedures and strategies that will improve your current shutdown planning and execution. The course will also include examples to demonstrate the major points mentioned.
By attending this training course, you will gain the following
· Find out the Giant checklist of issues to consider before the shutdown
· Understand when and how to say no to added work
· Use Gantt, CPM and PERT charts effectively
· What documents to save and how to organize them
· Break major jobs into activities
· Set up your shutdown team for smooth functioning
· Know where to look for help on estimates
· Find out what shifts & structures to use and how much they really cost.
· Understand specific safety risks to your workers
· Controlling a shutdown effectively
· Project management software to assist the process
· What to do if a shutdown gets into trouble?
· Calculating the critical paths (even if you don’t have software)
· Which work orders and tasks should come first?
· Evaluate the effectiveness of your current shutdown
· Where to find some great Internet-based resources
· Effectively budget your next shutdown, turnaround or outage
· Managing risk on any project
· Learn from your mistakes and institutionalize the lessons learned
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for maintenance managers, supervisors or other key staffers in heavy maintenance environments including refineries, power plants, oil platforms, airports, mines, large factories, and large facilities. Designed specifically for members of the shutdown or outage teams which might also include planners, project engineers, maintenance engineers, non-maintenance managers responsible for shutdowns and people who are in training for these positions. Prior background in Project Management would be useful but not essential.
If you like more information about the training course agenda and the expert trainer details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate subject title as “Effective Maintenance planning and scheduling”