Your Expert Trainer
The masterclass is led by an international offshore wind and hydrogen expert who is a respected energy insider and facilitator bringing over 25 years’ real-world renewable experience and a track re..
While the floating offshore wind market is still at a nascent stage, it is expected to be the next frontier in wind power development. Floating offshore wind is opening new possibilities for wind power locations and will play a critical role in the transition to a cleaner energy supply, contributing significantly to an increase in offshore wind power. As the offshore renewable energy sector grows, efforts to develop the technology needed for the floating wind market are also increasing in scale and scope.
While most offshore wind turbines are anchored to the ocean floor on fixed foundations, limiting them to depths of about 165ft, floating turbines are tethered to the seabed by mooring lines. The ability to install the wind turbines in deeper waters, where winds tend to be stronger, opens up huge amounts of the ocean to generate renewable wind power were close to 80% of potential offshore wind power is found in deeper waters. In addition, positioning floating turbines much further off the coast helps avoid conflicts with those who object to the project.
The successful engineering & deployment of recent operational floating offshore wind farm projets confirm the technical and commercial viability of the floating offshore wind concept & technology and will further fuel the demand of the implementation of floating offshore wind farms globally. Floating Offshore Wind Technology is eexpected to add up to 10.7 GW of feasible wind power by 2030 and 70 GW by 2040.
That said there is still a lack of knowledge in floating offshore wind and several challenges that need to overcome for companies & project developers looking to plan & operate floating offshore wind farms. This include cost & project planning challenges, design & engineering technical considerations, heavy lift & transportation challenges, mooring considerations in challenging environments as well the uncertainty over the economic feasibility & business models around floating offshore wind technology.
After lots of market research to identify the market’s gap in knowledge & its biggest concerns, this Floating Offshore Wind Masterclass has been developed to deep dive into best practices and solutions around floating offshore wind technical & technological challenges, installation & maintenance challenges, project business models, economics of floating offshore wind, how you can effectively commercialize it, risk management aspects, cost-benefit analysis of floating offshore wind farms you can you can efficiency adopt, apply & operationalize floating offshore wind
Through case studies, practical insights and actual project experiences, Equip Global’s interactive 3 day masterclass on Floating Offshore Wind taking place in August 2023, will cover all of the above and more to provide you with information and practical solutions that can really help you in overcome your biggest challenges in floating offshore wind project implementation.
10 Key Benefits of Attending:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the floating offshore wind market and how floating wind differs from bottom fixed with regards to the components and the various project phases
- Improve your technical understanding of floating wind technology & wind farm concepts
- Overcome design & engineering challenges of floating wind project development
- Learn how you can mitigate floating offshore wind project risks to ensure project success
- Find out how you can overcome common concerns of floating wind project development such as mooring, heavy transport & lifting and maintenance as well subsea power cables deployment
- Improve the reliability & sustainability of your floating wind project to optimize performance
- Gain insights on floating offshore wind farm installation & operations
- Evaluate the economical & technical feasibility of floating wind farm projects and how it fits into your portfolio
- Improve your knowledge on the economics & business models of floating wind project development
- Hear case studies and success stories of floating offshore wind project deployment so that you can pick up lessons learnt for your current/upcoming project
Who Should Attend:
Industry Participants who are looking to improve their knowledge on floating offshore wind projects, wind farm development, economics, business models & applications including the following:
- Renewable power project developers
- Power plant owners & operators
- Power & Electricity Companies
- Independent Power Producers
- Wind energy project developers
- Wind Turbines Manufacturers
- Oil & Gas Companies
- Government officers & policy makers involved in renewable energy development
- Renewable energy investors & fund managers
- Energy regulators & Ministries
- Wind Power project contractors, operators, and equipment suppliers
Like More information?
Email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive updated information on the course outline and trainer profile.