Incidents having Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) outcomes or these potential implications are increasingly being seen in all industries globally. Such incidents result not only in serious human injuries but also multiple fatalities resulting from major incidents.
Investigating a work-site incident – a fatality, injury, illness, or close call – provides employers and workers the opportunity to identify hazards in their operations and shortcomings in their safety and health programs. Most importantly, it enables employers and workers to identify and implement the corrective actions necessary to prevent future incidents. Incident investigations that focus on identifying and correcting root causes, not on finding fault or blame, also improve workplace morale and increase productivity, by demonstrating an employer’s commitment to a safe and healthful workplace.
Depending upon the industry, major incidents could be fire, explosion, toxic/lethal releases, collapsing of buildings/ scaffolding, / maritime structures, etc. Depending upon the stakes and risks involved, the concerned industry must pay due attention to such incidents and do everything possible to prevent, minimize and contain the incidents; else quick escalation of incidents beyond the control of an organization can wipe out the assets and end the business of a company.
Ensuring that your organization and relevant staff have effective Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis knowledge & skills provide your organization with a systematic methodology and actions to minimize/eliminate the incidents which otherwise cause harm to people, damage to equipment or property, loss of production or adverse effect on the environment.
Through case studies, practical insights and actual project experiences, Equip Global’s interactive 4 day masterclass on Incident Investigation & Root Cause Analysis, taking place 19-22 June 2023 in SINGAPORE, will cover all of the knowledge and skillsets required to conduct incident investigation & root cause analysis and can really help you in your day-to-day work. Through case studies, blueprint presentations and interactive discussions, we are committed in providing you with only practical and implementable solutions that can overcome your biggest challenges in incident reporting, investigation, evidence collection and root cause analysis. This will also help you develop effective measures to avoid such incidents in future.
10 Key Benefits of Attending
- Gain practical insights on incident reporting & investigation
- Learn how to use effective investigation & interviewing techniques to gather and analyse complete, objective and accurate data
- Develop in-depth understanding of how to analyse incidents & accidents to identify root causes
- Comprehend good incident reporting formats, learn how you can categorize HSE incidents and assess risk categories
- Understand the different types, methodologies and details of investigation and use data wisely to conduct excellent investigations
- Evaluate human relations aspects of incident reporting & investigation
- Find out how you can examine and establish root causes of incidents so that you can develop measures to prevent recurrence
- Learn to use root cause analysis to arrive at root and generic causes of incidents and thereafter develop corrective and preventive action plans
- Understand and address Legal, statutory implications for incident reports and the importance of incident close-out
- Hear case studies and participate in group exercises to enhance your learning experience and knowledge on incident investigation & root cause analysis
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Companies who nominate their employees to participate in this highly rated Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis masterclass can benefit in the following ways:
- Minimize adverse impact on business continuity by preventing the incidents through implementation of recommended actions from the investigation report
- Reduce greatly the costs associated with incidents such as insurance premiums, compensation to employees, legal fees and regulatory/statutory penalties
- Improve the culture of Incident Investigation and RCA which will leave a positive impact on customers, lenders, insurance underwriters, management system certification agencies, regulatory & statutory authorities, industry and societal spectrum at large
This Incident Investigation and Root cause Analysis masterclass would be suitable for:
- OHSE/HSE Professionals at all levels (trainees, interns, technicians, officers, managers and others)
- All line functions at all levels (trainees, interns, officers, managers, senior managers in operation, maintenance, inspection, engineering, other line disciplines)
- All professionals and executives involved in incident reporting, investigation, safety management, crisis management, accident investigations, workplace injuries and accident management
- Senior Management from organizations
From across industries including:
- Oil & Gas
- Energy, Power & Utilities
- Petrochemicals & Chemicals
- Public Sector & Government Agencies
Like More information?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the full brochure!