Local content management for Oil & Gas
Local Content is a fundamental aspect of doing business in a growing number of oil and gas producing countries Many of these nations have understandably introduced local content requirements into the regulatory frameworks. Hence it is important you are equipped with powerful strategic and administrative knowledge and solutions to gear your purchasing and supply chain strategies towards reaching mandatory local content requirements.
This 2-day intensive training course has been specially researched and designed to provide you with the relevant tips and information to manage and navigate local content requirements. It will draw on application, implementation and operation of local content programmes in every stage of the project. The course will also discusses the business benefits of developing the primary components of a local content strategy, including building local workforce and supplier capacity, integrating local content with business plans and successfully monitoring the programmes. Whether you are developing your policy now or want to scale up you local content models, you will get practical insight into what works best for your region.
By attending this training course, you will gain the following
- Learn local content regulations and requirements in key oil & gas producing nations around the world
- Emerging markets – find out local content development and implications for you
- Understand the latest updates to local content calculation methodology and its impact to your projects and planning
- Learn how you can bring down the cost of your internal administration and local content certification
- Find out how you develop and put in practice a quick and effective supplier development program
- Learn how to significantly improve your management of local content internally and across your supplier base
- Know how to execute and measure a national content strategy and plan
Key Topics Covered
- Strategic alignment on local content between regulations, industrial policy, commercial interests and sustainable development
- State of play on local content regulations around the world including Brazil, Nigeria, Kazakhstan, Indonesia, Australia and China amongst others
- Hands on economic optimization modelling practice
- Smart procurement to manage local content through contracting strategy and tendering
- Formulating contracting strategies that match local capabilities
- Analyzing local supplier markets
- Bundle v.s Unbundle contracts to drive local content
- Simulated tender evolution of local content
- The mechanics of local content – metrics and reporting, vendor development programmes, ethics and “Who Pays”?
- Reviewing and setting metrics for measuring and reporting Local Content Performance
- Designing vendor/SME development programmes that overcome competitiveness constraints to goods being supplied by local manufacturers
Who Should Attend
Recommended for Anyone Involved in Managing & Implementing Local Content Strategies from:
- Oil & Gas Companies
- Offshore Marine Companies
- EPC Companies, Contractors & Sub Contractors
- Government, Industrial Development Agencies, Project Financiers and Legal Communities
If you like more information about the training course agenda and the expert trainer details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate subject title as “Local Content Management for Oil & Gas”
If you work for a company incorporated in Singapore, save 60% of your course registration fees through the PIC scheme! Click here to find out how.