Management of Shipyard Inspection, Commissioning & Handover Delivery
The last few years has seen Southeast Asia, and more specifically Singapore, consolidate itself as the global center for ship and rig building. More importantly, the yards have been able to hold off the competition from East Asia and Brazil, especially with regards to building offshore rigs. Presently, Singapore’s offshore & marine sectors corners 70% of the global market for Floating Production Storage Offloading (FPSO) vessel conversion, 70% of jack-up rig building and 20% of ship repair.
In a new build/repair/conversion project, stakeholders with different knowledge bases such as Ship Owner, Ship Designer, Ship Builder, Classification Society etc were involved with the purpose to create modern and high quality rigs/vessels with the functionality required for specific offshore operations. Conflicts among these stakeholders and failure to employ best practices can cause delays in the project, causing its failure to reach important goals of delivering the rigs/ships on time, within budget and fulfilling technical requirements.
This 3-day highly interactive and practical course will help construction teams that have been involved in the design of the units and contract agreements to the yard or vendor, meet their targets to deliver the units or ships in planned time and without problems. It will also help the commissioning team of engineers representing the owners check the construction, outstanding work and the operational performance of the unit.
Capitalise On Expert Knowledge to Gain Maximum Value on These Vital Issues:
- UNDERSTAND the work processes used for the design and construction of all types of offshore units
- DEVELOP pre-planning of onsite activities to match contract specifications
- MASTER a structured approach to yard site inspections
- IDENTIFY potential cost effective alternatives to inspection tests
- LEARN the principles and practices associated with commissioning work
- INCREASE knowledge on efficient yard site punch lists
- APPLY new procedures for investigating outstanding works
- IMPROVE compliance, safety and environmental performances
- CLARIFY final takeover requirements
- DEVELOP updated guidelines on commissioning procedures
- FOCUS on key technical and commercial questions that will help commissioning team of engineers representing the owner, check the construction, outstanding work and the operational performance of units
Why You Cannot Miss This Event?
The course is designed to help participants acquire an advanced knowledge on the requirements of offshore installations and commissioning activities.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to understand the planning, pre-commissioning, installation and commissioning of offshore projects involved in offshore drilling rigs, FPSOs, jacket platforms and subsea field equipment.
The role of the Offshore Installation Manager and other key personnel will be also discussed. Case studies and videos will be used to illustrate lessons learned from past successful projects.
If you like more information about the training course agenda and the expert trainer details, please email email@example.com
Please indicate subject title as “Management of Shipyard Inspection, Commissioning & Handover Delivery”
If you work for a company incorporated in Singapore, save 60% of your course registration fees through the PIC scheme! Click here to find out how.