Your Expert Trainer
Officer-in-Charge of the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) for eight (8) years. The ACB investigated allegations of corruption across the Public Sector (including police). In the course of his dutie..
Course Overview & Objectives
With an increase in fraudulent activity and corruption being persistent in the public secto today, government departments, authorities and state owned/government linked organizations are pressurized to re-evaluate their fraud/corruption risk management framework and strategy to protect their institutional reputation, taxpayer funds and ensure public trust and confidence.
This 3-day masterclass has been designed to provide you with a practical and complete guide to detecting, preventing, mitigating, managing and investigating public sector fraud and corruption effectively. The comprehensive agenda will cover all the necessary knowledge, principles and lessons learned on how to develop effective fraud/corruption risk management strategies & programs within your organization in a complicated market landscape. It will go in-detail on key topic areas including in-depth analysis of various types of fraud and fraud/corruption schemes, how to identify potential fraud/corruption, how to mitigate potential fraud/corruption risks early, how to prevent procurement fraud, fraud and corruption investigation techniques, and developing effective strategies and frameworks to manage fraud/corruption effectively amongst others.
As with all Equip Global Courses, the emphasis is very much on the practical and interactive exercises and real life case studies. In addition to detailed presentations of the subjects, participants will be challenged in actual case studies to apply the principles discussed. It will also encourage the attendees to develop the tools to implement change upon returning to their work place.
Who Should Attend:
This masterclass is aimed at the Directors, Heads of Departments, Managers, Specialists, Officers and Senior Executives across the Public Sector responsible for:
· Fraud Management/Fraud Investigation
· Anti-Corruption/Corruption Investigation
· Financial Control
· Risk Management & Regulatory
· Internal Audit
· Legal & Compliance
· Corporate Governance
Key Benefits of Attending
- Find out how you can through a proven and step by step approach to develop and implement a public sector fraud/corruption management strategy
- Gain practical tips and lessons learned about early fraud/corruption risks and indicators detection & identification in order to rectify issues before it happen
- Learn how to plan and develop an effective public-sector fraud/corruption risk management framework, metrics and strategy
- Explore the psychological aspects and understand clearly the motivations behind committing fraud/corruption
- Improve Public Sector Fraud/Corruption Management Response and Investigation Techniques Through Best Practices
- Develop your understanding of challenges around current fraud legislative requirements and policies in order to manage your organizational reputation whilst being transparent with staff and public
- Through case studies, success/failed stories and practical project exercises, understand how you can apply public sector fraud and corruption management principles and theories in your organization immediately