The 3-Day Pumps Performance, Reliability & Efficiency Training Course is a course held once a year on demand, and has been specially researched and developed for pumps engineers & professionals in the oil and gas, hydrocarbon, petrochemical, refineries, chemical processing, power generation, water resources, mining & minerals, general processing & industrial manufacturing industries to learn best practices and techniques of optimizing the performance, reliability, operations, maintenance & efficiency of pumps and relevant piping systems on a daily basis.
The course will provide case studies and cover issues in-detail, including factors affecting pump performance, pump selection, fluid selection, pump hydraulics, various types of services and drives, pump mechanical construction, pump condition monitoring & maintenance, managing pump vibration issues and the failure of seals and bearings, and the latest standards in pumps. Also, it will look at proven strategies of the design, set-up, management & maintenance of pumps to improve energy efficiency and reduce costs.
As with all Equip Global Courses, the emphasis is very much on the practical and interactive exercises and real-life case studies. In addition to presentations of the subjects, participants will be challenged in actual case studies to apply the principles discussed. It will also encourage the attendees to develop the tools to implement change upon returning to their work place.
By identifying how to separate symptoms from problems, you will learn how to reduce operating and maintenance costs by increasing the reliability, efficiency and performance of your pumps!
By attending this training course, you will gain the following:
- Understand how system resistance controls the pump
- Learn how to read and use a pump curve
- Learn how the flow rate impacts on pump reliability
- Design better systems and select better pumps, leading to more reliable equipment
- Learn when to use Variable Speed and when to use a Control Valve
- Understand what happens when you operate pumps in parallel or in series - why it only sometimes works
- Understand what cavitation is, why it occurs and how to avoid it
- Avoid operational problems that lead to pump failures
- Understand the key mechanical construction features that will ensure you have a reliable pump
- Know where to focus to reduce power consumption and improve energy efficiency
- Know how pumps should be installed and commissioned Learn why pumps vibrate and why seals and bearings fail
- Implement best practices in pump monitoring and maintenance
This unique, cutting edge programme will be delivered in a highly interactive and practical, tutorial style format. Theory will be supported and illustrated through a combination of real-world case studies and an extended hypothetical scenario that enables participants to easily incorporate the programme insights, techniques and procedures into their own organisations.
Who Should Attend?
Past attendees come from industries such as oil and gas, petrochemical, refineries hydrocarbon and chemical processing, power generation, water resources, mining & minerals, general processing & industrial manufacturing industries with the following job titles including but not limited to:
Heads, Managers, Specialists, Engineers, Technical Executives, Technicians of:
- Maintenance & Operations
- Pump Applications
- Rotating Equipment
- Mechanical Engineering
- Condition Monitoring
- Pump Sales
- Projects & Construction
- Process Engineering
- System Engineering & Instrumentation
- Pump Sales
- Anyone who needs pump knowledge
Would you like to Run this Training Course in-house?
SAVE UP TO 15%!
This workshop can be presented exclusively for your organisation on an in-house basis, tailored to meet your specific needs, at a place and time of your convenience. If you have a team of 10 or more interested in this workshop, let’s discuss how we can work together to meet your staff competency and proficiency needs. Please contact us and we will be pleased to assist.
Request for More Details
This course is PIC/HRDF Claimable.
For more information on GROUP REGISTRATION DISCOUNTED RATES, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.